1. Dogs have a sense of time. It’s been proven they know the difference between 1 hour and 5 hours. If conditioned to, they can predict future, routined events such as their afternoon walk.
2. Dogs have a similar intelligence to a 2 year old human. Each can learn and understand around 200-300 words.
3. Dogs DO feel jealousy. A study at University of California San Diego found that dogs experience jealousy in situations where their own would display affection to another animal or another dog they lived with left the house without them or ate before them.
4. When your dog is carefully choosing the perfect place to do their business, it’s because they prefer to do this in alignment with the Earth’s magnetic field!
5. All puppies are born deaf. But by the time they’re an adult, their hearing is 4 times better than ours.
6. A dog’s nose print is unique. It’s as unique as a humans finger print.
7. Adult dogs have 42 teeth. As much as charlatans suggest they the modern dog ‘has evolved to eat kibble, not raw meat’ their carnivorous teeth shape/alignment and their short straight intestinal tract suggest that a raw meaty bone based diet is still the most biologically appropriate.
8. If a dog isn’t spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate and their offspring can product 67,000 dogs in 6 years. Get your dog desexed and PLEASE don’t breed with them. Unless you’re a legitimate, reputable breeder, the world doesn’t need your dog’s offspring added to it.
9. Dog’s DO see in colour, not black and white. They don’t see things as vividly as we see though and can’t see certain colours.
10. Yes, dog’s to share >98% of the same DNA as their ancestors, the wolf. But they’ve very much changed (psychologically, physiologically, biologically) into their own species. Humans also share 70% of the same DNA as a banana..